8 Hour Fall Prevention
Why do you need a fall prevention course? The leading cause of death in the construction industry is from falls. As a result construction workers must have fall protection when working at a height of six feet or more. The 8 Hour Fall Prevention course provides training for workers on how to recognize, avoid, minimize, and correct fall hazards on jobsites. The course will cover fall hazards, competent person responsibilities, types of fall protection systems, calculation of fall distances, and decide on proper anchorage points among other things.
Fall Prevention Training – NYC DOB Requirement
As part of a new regulation (Local Law 196) the NYC Department of Buildings now requires that individuals receive a certain amount of DOB approved training in order to work on NYC construction projects. Among the training required for workers and supervisors is 8 hours of fall prevention training. Workers will also need a 30 hour construction training course and a 2 hour drug and alcohol prevention course to meet this requirement.
For a more detailed overview of local law 196 please visit safetycardtracker.com
IACET CEUs (Continueing Education Units)
- 100% attendance for the Fall Protection Class
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Upon completion of this fall prevention training, the student will be able to:
- Understand the statistics of fatal fall and how they are the most common cause of death in construction
- Understand competent persons responsibilities
- Describe Types of fall Hazards
- Understand the equation force = Mass x Acceleration
- Describe the components, specifications, and regulatory requirements of fall controls
- Understand Struck-by and fall-to-the-same level controls
- Describe the components, specifications regulatory requirements, including New York City chapter 33, section 3315.1
(Students will reeive a fall prevention certification upon completion)
Floral Park, NY
Informative and easy going instructor. Included meals and multiple breaks. Highly recommend!
New York, NY
Great class! Instructor made the time fly. Decent pizza for lunch too.
New York, NY
The Teacher Charlie was entertaining and knowledgeable. Really a tremendous amount of useful knowledge. Would highly recommend!! The only downside is, it's 8hrs. But time did go by fast!
New York, NY
Very informative and professional.
|Location||Start Date||Start Time||Language||Register|
|32 E 31st Street, New York, NY, 10016||Jun 25, 2019||5:00 PM - 10:30 PM||English|
|5 Pennsylvania Avenue, New York, NY, 10001||Jul 01, 2019||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM||English|
|226 West 37th Street, NY, NY, 10018||Jul 22, 2019||5:00 PM - 10:30 PM||English|
|226 West 37th Street, NY, NY, 10018||Aug 19, 2019||5:00 PM - 10:30 PM||English|
|226 West 37th Street, NY, NY, 10018||Sep 16, 2019||5:00 PM - 10:30 PM||English|