OSHA 10 HOUR CONSTRUCTION TRAINING
The OSHA 10 Hour Construction Training Course provides training for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in the workplace. The program also provides information regarding workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint. This course is designed to promote safety and health in the workplace and make workers aware of potential hazards on jobsites.
If you need, you can also check out our OSHA 30 Training.
OSHA TRAINING NYC DOB REQUIREMENT (LOCAL LAW 196)
Local law 196 introduced new regulations for demolition and construction workers employed in the 5 boroughs that will require them to have a specific amount of training. Workers will be required to have a minimum of 30 hours of training and supervisors will be required to have a minimum of 62 hours of training by December 1st, 2018. In addition to the required amount of training individuals will also need to acquire the appropriate Site Safety Training (SST) card to prove they have completed the necessary training.
OSHA TRAINING NEW YORK STATE REQUIREMENT
Most employers require that workers receive at a minimum an OSHA 10 Certification prior to their employment. In accordance with NYS Department of labor OSHA Training Requirement, all employees who perform work on public work projects of at least $250,000 must receive an OSHA certification (OSHA Card), as well as complete an additional 10 hours of OSHA Construction training every 5 years.
- 100% attendance for the OSHA 10 Hour Course.
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Upon completion of this OSHA training course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
- Identify major hazards that are predominant when using stairways and ladders on construction site
- Define methods of controlling four main health hazards that construction worker may be exposed to
- Identify ways to select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and lifesaving equipment
- Identify major focus four hazards and describe ways to prevent worker’s exposure
- Explain risks associated with unsafe use of scaffolding equipment on construction site
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.