8 HOUR SUSPENDED SCAFFOLD SUPERVISOR REFRESHER
The 8 hour Suspended scaffold training for Supervisors also known as the 8 hour suspended rigging foreman refresher course the purpose of this course is to help supervisors maintain adequate safety discipline on suspended scaffold projects in New York City. During this course, participants will review Federal and NYC DOB scaffold regulations, how to stay in compliance with the most current Suspended Scaffold standards, exchange their experiences and will discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
The instructor will assess students to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots, terminating wire rope, building a block and tackle system, and operating scaffold hoist motor and each student will independently complete a suspended scaffolding exam.
8 HOUR SUSPENDED SCAFFOLD SUPERVISOR - TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
As per 33126.96.36.199 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this 8 Hour Refresher is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) to continue to supervise and use suspended scaffolds in New York City.
The original 32 Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor or an 8 Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Refresher ID card must be renewed within 1 year from its expiration date. Should individual not renew their card within the allowed time, they will no longer be eligible to attend an 8 Hour Refresher and must retake the original 32-hour class.
Suspended scaffold training online is not allowed.
- 100% attendance for the 8 Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Refresher Course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end of suspended scaffold riggers course examination.
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Understand major types and components of suspended scafffolds
- Understand the causes of major scaffolding accidents and how they could have been prevented
- Describe OSHA 1926 Subpart E, L, and M
- Describe NYC Construction Codes and NYC Department of Buildings Administrative standards relating to scaffolding
- Understand and apply general principles of fall protection and personal protective equipment
- Understand suspended scaffold hazards and how to eliminate or minimize them
- Understand safe use of tools, set-up/start-up procedures, attaching to structurally sound objects with C-hooks, Ooutrigger systems, and parapet clamps
- Apply safe hoist, platofrm, and rigging equipment practices
- Identify maximum intened loads and capacity reducing factors
- Understand and apply rope, fall, knot and hitch configurations and connections.
- Understand and apply wire rope and termination techniques
- Understand and apply basic rope, fall, hoist, block and rigging set-ups and procedures
- Understand lifelines, rope and cable grabs
- Understand electric motors, controls and cables
- Understand and apply suspended scaffold inspections
- Identify Rejection criteria for equipment and rigging hardware
- Describe safety checklists
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.