16 HOUR WORKER RIGGING SAFETY TRAINING
The 16 Hour Rigging Course prepares workers to perform rigging, and signaling construction work, while hoisting and lowering materials along the outside of a building. The Rigging Class shows participants the proper way to operate rigging equipment, and how to protect themselves and others around them. Workers will also receive a review of OSHA policies, ASME, and DOB regulations with an emphasis on the recognition and prevention of potential hazards.
Other topics of this rigging safety training will include instructions on how to visually inspect rigging equipment, basic crane components, crane setup and methods of applying proper rigging hitches.
As per 33220.127.116.11 of the 2014 NYC Construction codes, this course is required by the NYC Department of Buildings for individuals, not hired directly by a person holding valid rigging certification who attach or detach articles from the hook of hoisting equipment and signal persons communicating with such in New York City.
- 100% attendance for the 16 Hour Rigging Worker
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required examination at the end of crane rigging training
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance with OSHA, ASME, and the manufacturer's requirements
- Identify Potential rigging hazards or faulty equipment
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- How to use rigging equipment and hitches in various applications
Online rigging certification is not compliant with the NYC Department of Buildings requirements.
New York, NY
Excellent, highly recommended
Performance mechanical services inc.
New York, NY
Great course would highly recommend to others