Excavations Safety Training
What is 1 Hour Excavation Training? Excavations are the process of moving earth or other materials using tools, equipment, or explosives. Excavation is used during construction in order to create building foundations and is an important part of the construction process. Learning about the different techniques and terminology used in excavations such as trenching, wall shafts, and underpinning is knowledge that most construction workers and supervisors should pursue.
NYC DOB SST Requirement (Local law 196)
Excavations safety training class falls under “Site Safety Training (SST) Specialized Electives” and will be accepted for use towards acquiring certain SST cards.
For a list of all SST courses please visit the DOB’s website here.
CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
- 100% attendance for OSHA Excavations Training
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Define relevant code specification terms and components related to excavations and underpinning activities
- Describe typical sequential underpinning process
- Describe the people involved in rigging and hoisting activities
- Describe conditions and or actions that can expedite soil failure and structural collapse
- Explain hazards related to excavations and atmospheric hazards
- Understand Excavation disruptions and areas of influence
- Understand principles of fall protection
- Understand Plating and vehicular street protections
Completion of this 1-hour excavation certification training will provide students with an official Certificate of Completion.
Staten Island, NY
Thank you, it was very interesting with a lot information, very successful class I will say to review it outstanding 5 star 5/5
New York, NY
Excellent, highly recommended
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Great course would highly recommend to others
|Register||Location||Start Date||Start Time||Language|
|View!||Online||Dec 05, 2019||Anytime||English|