8 Hour Suspended Scaffolding Safety Course For User
This 8 hour suspended scaffold refresher training course refreshes worker’s knowledge about how to safely perform duties on suspended scaffolds. In order to continue to perform work from suspended scaffolds in NYC it is required that individuals renew their 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User Certification every 4 years as per the 2014 NYC Construction Codes part 33188.8.131.52.4. You may renew your 8-Hour Suspended Scaffold User or 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User card within 1 year of its expiration date by taking this class. According to the suspended scaffold regulation if you are unable to complete this class within the 1 year that your card expires you will no longer be eligible to participate in this refresher class.
This scaffolding safety course will review topics covered during the 16 hour Suspended Scaffold User class which includes an overview of the basic components of a suspended scaffold, how to properly inspect suspended scaffold equipment, how to properly and safely assemble and dismantle scaffold equipment, and fall protection when working with scaffolds.
- 100% attendance for the 8 Hour Suspended Scaffold User Refresher Course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by the course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Understand the essential components and equipment on a suspended scaffold
- Identify hazardous conditions in relating to suspended scaffolds
- Understand how to prevent or minimize potential suspended scaffold hazards
- Describe NYC Department of Buildings regulations and OSHA regulations pertaining to suspended scaffolds
- Understand how to inspect and attach personal fall arrest systems used on suspended scaffolds
- Apply appropriate knots and hitches to hoisting and fall protection equipment
- Assemble block and tackle for a fiber rope scaffold
- Construct wire rope termination for hoisting rope on suspended scaffolds
Upon completion of this course you will receive a certificate of completion and an 8 hour suspended scaffold card.
New York, NY
Excellent, highly recommended
Performance mechanical services inc.
New York, NY
Great course would highly recommend to others