8 hour Suspended Scaffold Regulation User Refresher
This scaffolding safety course refreshes workers knowledge about how to safely perform duties on suspended scaffolds. In order to continue to perform work from suspended scaffolds in NYC it is required that individuals renew their 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User Certification every 4 years as per the 2014 NYC Construction Codes part 3322.214.171.124.4. You may renew your 8-Hour Suspended Scaffold User or 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User card within 1 year of its expiration date by taking this class. According to the suspended scaffold regulation if you are unable to complete this class within the 1 year that your card expires you will no longer be eligible to participate in this refresher class.
This course will review topics covered during the 16 hour Suspended Scaffold User class which includes an overview of the basic components of a suspended scaffold, how to properly inspect suspended scaffold equipment, how to properly and safely assemble and dismantle scaffold equipment, and fall protection when working with scaffolds.
- 100% attendance for the 8 Hour Suspended Scaffold User Refresher Course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Understand the essential components and equipment on a suspended scaffold
- Identify hazardous conditions in relating to suspended scaffolds
- Understand how to prevent or minimize potential suspended scaffold hazards
- Describe NYC Department of Buildings regulations and OSHA regulations pertaining to suspended scaffolds
- Understand how to inspect and attach personal fall arrest systems used on suspended scaffolds
- Apply appropriate knots and hitches to hoisting and fall protection equipment
- Assemble block and tackle for a fiber rope scaffold
- Construct wire rope termination for hoisting rrope on suspended scaffolds
Upon completion of this course you will receive a certficate of completion and a 8 hour suspended scaffold card.
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.