What You Need:
- Webcam and microphone for face and voice recognition
Work Zone Flagger Certification
The Work Zone Flagging training course is designated towards individuals looking to become professional flaggers. The Course is designed to prepare workers involved in routine construction operations where the general public and/or workers may be exposed to potential workplace hazards caused by equipment and vehicles. This course will provide a thorough explanation of New York State flagging procedures and regulations.
In order to participate in flagging operations a flagger must identify the source of their flagger training to the engineer and if requested demonstrate their ability to perform flagging procedures correctly. Flaggers not able to perform the proper procedures correctly must be replaced or retrained.
Who Should Attend?
Construction work zone flaggers are required to obtain a Work Zone Flagger certification. The Flagging certification is valid for 4 years only.
New York State Flagger Rules and Regulations
New York State Department of Transportation Standard Specifications state that all flaggers shall be properly training in flagging operations by recognized training programs, including the American Safety Services Association, the National Safety Council, Unions, or construction industry associations, or by an individual who holds a current certification as a flagger training instructor from such a program. Prior to starting flagger operations, the contractor shall provide the engineer with a list of certified flaggers to be used in the operation, identifying the source of flagger training for each individual. When requested by the engineer, flaggers shall demonstrate their competency in flagging procedures. Flaggers not competent in flagging procedures shall be removed or complete flagger training NYC DOT approved immediately.
Additional States Flagger Rules and Regulations
Most states have similar rules for the training of flaggers. Some states may only accept certifications from specific organizations or have additional requirements. Please see a list of every states rules and regulations relating to flagger training here. Please see below for a list of state’s that our flagger certification online course is NOT accepted in.
CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, MA, MN, MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA & WA.
Flaggers Role and Responsibilities
Flaggers are used in construction operations to provide traffic control whenever potential hazards may be present. A flagger's main responsibility is to protect the safety of workers and the general public, deal with emergency vehicles and identify the correct flagging practices, procedures, equipment and clothing.
- 100% attendance for the Work Zone Flagger Certification Classes
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
After completing the course individuals will understand how to provide safe passage of traffic through work zones as well as minimize risk through using standard flagging procedures learned during their training. Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of flagger operations
- Learn the standard skillset of a professional flagger
- Apply standard flagger control references
- Identify Proper flagger procedures, practices and signals
- Learn standard flagger operating procedures of various situations
New York, NY
Excellent, highly recommended
Performance mechanical services inc.
New York, NY
Great course would highly recommend to others