8 HOUR SUPPORTED SCAFFOLD INSTALLER/REMOVER REFRESHER
This scaffold training course is intended for individuals looking to renew their expired or soon to expire 32-Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover ID Card used in the supervision and use of supported scaffolds in NYC.
otherwise known as 8 hour pipe scaffold erector course, this course is designed to review what was learned during the 32 hour supported scaffold installer/remover course as well as discuss changes and updates to New York City DOB and OSHA policies, and supported scaffold standards. Classroom time often gives students a chance to share job site experiences and opinions about new supported scaffold solutions and systems.
8 HOUR SUPPORTED SCAFFOLD INSTALLER/REMOVER - TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
As stated in the New York City Local law 52 of 2005, in order to continue to install and/or remove supported scaffolds in the city of New York, all individuals must complete the 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Refresher Course every 4 years. In order to eligible to receive a scaffolding certification through this course, the original scaffold card must be renewed within 1 year of its expiration date. Should an individual not complete the 8hr supported scaffold refresher course in the allotted time they will be required to complete the 32-hour supported scaffold installer and remover class over again.
IACET CEUs(Continuing Education Units)
- 100% attendance for the 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Refresher
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Understand the compenents of supported scaffolds and how they are used
- Identify potential scaffold hazards and how to prevent them
- Understand differences between OSHA Scaffolding Standards and the Building Code of New York City
- Apply knowledge of how to properly install and remove supported scaffolds
- Understand Hazards that are related to installing and/or removing supported scaffolds
- Apply knowledge of supported scaffold installation and dismantling
- Inspect components related to supported scaffolds
Upon completion students will receive a scaffolding card and certificate of completion
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.