8 HOUR SUPPORTED SCAFFOLD INSTALLER/REMOVER REFRESHER
This scaffold training course is intended for individuals looking to renew their expired or soon to expire 32-Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover ID Card used in the supervision and use of supported scaffolds in NYC.
otherwise known as 8 hour pipe scaffold erector course, this course is designed to review what was learned during the 32 hour supported scaffold installer/remover course as well as discuss changes and updates to New York City DOB and OSHA policies, and supported scaffold standards. Classroom time often gives students a chance to share job site experiences and opinions about new supported scaffold solutions and systems.
8 HOUR SUPPORTED SCAFFOLD INSTALLER/REMOVER - TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
As stated in the New York City Local law 52 of 2005, in order to continue to install and/or remove supported scaffolds in the city of New York, all individuals must complete the 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Refresher Course every 4 years. In order to eligible to receive a scaffolding certification through this course, the original scaffold card must be renewed within 1 year of its expiration date. Should an individual not complete the 8hr supported scaffold refresher course in the allotted time they will be required to complete the 32-hour supported scaffold installer and remover class over again.
IACET CEUs(Continuing Education Units)
- 100% attendance for the 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Refresher
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Understand the compenents of supported scaffolds and how they are used
- Identify potential scaffold hazards and how to prevent them
- Understand differences between OSHA Scaffolding Standards and the Building Code of New York City
- Apply knowledge of how to properly install and remove supported scaffolds
- Understand Hazards that are related to installing and/or removing supported scaffolds
- Apply knowledge of supported scaffold installation and dismantling
- Inspect components related to supported scaffolds
Upon completion students will receive a scaffolding card and certificate of completion