Blended learning is a mix of online and in-person training. The EPA requires the RRP Lead Renovator Initial Course to contain a hands-on training component, therefore the majority of the class may be done online (6 Hours) but participants will still be required to attend a small portion in-person to participate in the hands-on activities(2 Hours).
On April 22, 2010 the EPA passed the renovation, repair and painting (RRP) rule which requires individuals performing renovation, repair, and painting activities on homes or child-occupied facilities built prior to 1978 to obtain an EPA Lead Paint Certification. Lead certificates are received by completing an 8 hour Lead Renovator Certification course instructed by an EPA authorized training provider. Individuals who do not become certified may face fines of up to $37,500 per day.
The EPA RRP Course is designed to instruct individuals on the health effects of lead-based paint, how to test for lead-based paint, how to work using lead-safe work practices if lead is present, and how to educate your customer on the hazards of lead based paint. There is no need for EPA lead certification lookup, cause you already find everything you need to know.
Any contractor disturbing more than 6 square ft. of space in pre-1978 housing or child occupied facility must employ at least one certified renovator who has successfully completed the EPA certification test online or in-person and obtained a certificate. If you are the owner of a company, you or a principle of the company must complete the EPA RRP Training Certification course. After completing the course successfully and receiving a lead-safe certified renovator certification the employees of the company may work under your lead certification. Companies must also submit an EPA Lead Certification Application For Firm to become a lead safe certified firm.
EPA lead safe certification is valid for 5 years. If you are already a certified renovator and your certification has not yet expired you are eligible to take a 4 hour refresher course entirely online. ablesafety.com offers a quick and convenient way to renew your lead certificate entirely online at very little cost to you. If your certificate has already expired you are no longer eligible to take the refresher course and must re-take the 8-hour initial lead certification course again.
Module 1 – Lead Based Paint Information
1. Define “lead-based paint” in accordance with Federal standards.
2. Describe the health risks to children and adults associated with lead.
3. List the reasons lead-contaminated dust poses health risks to children and adults.
Module 2 – Regulations
1. Identify the differences between lead abatement activities and lead renovation, repair and painting.
2. Define “Target Housing” as specified by the RRP Rule.
3. Define “Child Occupied Facility” as specified by the RRP Rule.
4. Identify activities covered/excluded under the RRP Rule.
5. Indicate when an owner can opt out of RRP Rule.
6. List a firm’s responsibilities as a “Certified Renovator” including recordkeeping requirements.
7. List the responsibilities of an individual “Certified Renovator”.
8. State the civil penalties for violation of the RRP Rule.
9. Recognize when the HUD Lead Safe Housing Rule is in effect.
10. Explain differences between the RRP Rule and the HUD LSH rule.
Module 3 – Before Beginning Work
1. Define the requirements for distribution of the Renovate Right pamphlet under the Pre-Renovation Education (PRE) rule.
2. Indicate the recordkeeping requirements of the PRE rule.
3. Explain that many pre-1978 homes contain lead, especially those built before 1960.
4. Identify the choices available for pre-work lead testing by Certified Renovators.
5. State the requirement to report lead test kits result to clients within 30 days of use.
Module 4 – Containing Dust
1. List the benefits of “Containment”.
2. Explain containment requirements for interior renovations including covering of floors and furniture, closing and sealing doors and vents, and posting signs.
3. Explain containment requirements for exterior renovations including covering the ground, closing doors and windows, and preventing migration of dust.
|Register||Location||Start Date||Start Time||Language|
|35-01 Queens Blvd Long Island City , NY , 11101||May 21, 2021||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||English|
|2 Marriott Plaza Farmingdale , NY , 11735||May 28, 2021||11:00 AM - 1:00 PM||English|
|29 East Fordham Road Bronx , NY , 10468||Jun 09, 2021||12:00 PM - 2:00 PM||English|
|35-01 Queens Blvd Long Island City , NY , 11101||Jun 17, 2021||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||English|
|29 East Fordham Road Bronx , NY , 10468||Jun 30, 2021||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM||English|
© Copyright 2010 - 2021 Able Safety Consulting . All rights reserved