30 HOUR CONCRETE SAFETY MANAGER
The 30 Hour Concrete Manager Course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to be a successful certified concrete safety manager. The Concrete Safety manager Class helps individuals understand the hazards of working with concrete in construction, and the precautions necessary to prevent injuries that may occur.
This course is an in depth view into Chapter 33 of the New York City Building code which pertains to public protection for concrete construction. This course is used to initiate potential candidates with safe work practives for New York City major buildings where 2000 or more cubic yards of conrete are being poured. Students will be introduced to potential hazards of potential hazards when working on New York City jobsites and the proper methods and work practices that are necessary for concrete construction in urban areas.
30 HOUR CONCRETE SAFETY MANAGER - TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
As per New York City Construction code 331.9.1, in order to obtain a concrete safety manager certification, appliants must first complete the 30 hour Concrete Safety Manager training program. For more information on how to become a Concrete Safety Manager please go to the NYC Department of Buildings website.
- 100% attendance for the 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Identify rules and regulations put in place by the New York City as a result of serious accidents.
- Explain the reasons for New York City Safety rules and regulations on NYC Concrete projects
- Identify New York City specific safety issues for concrete projects
- Describe control measures for NYC safety issues for concrete projects
- Apply proper safe work practices on construction sites involving concrete based on decision making
- Encourage other co-workers to make changes to improve their overall safety on jobsites
- identify differences between OSHA standards and Chpater 33 of the NYC Building Code
New York, NY
I have recently took the concrete safety manager refresher course with able safety, and they provided a very informative class. The instructors very knowledgeable. I would recommend this class to anyone who needs to take a concrete safety manager refresher course.
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.