30 Hour Climber / Tower Crane Rigger
This course will teach licensed riggers, crane operators, rigging foreman, other workers how to properly apply fall protection techniques, crane assembly and disassembly, crane operation communications, proper crane inspection, and how to prevent crane and hoisting accidents. Any individual applying to for a tower crane rigger license must complete this training course and receive a 30-Hour Climber/Tower Crane training certification in order to submit their application to the DCAS. For additional Information on obtaining a tower and climber crane rigger license please click here.
- 100% attendance for the 30 Hour Climber / Tower Crane Rigger Course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Understanding of cranes and derricks training requirements
- Describe CFR 29 OSHA 1926 subparts E, H k, L, M, and CC
- Describe Title 1 Rules of the City of New York Chapter 6 (cranes) and Chapter 9 (rigging)
- Describe applicable NYC Construction Codes
- Describe NYC Department of Building applicable administrative standard operating procedures
- Apply Crane and Derrick safety protocol and emergency procedures
- Understand fall protection requirements
- Understand pre-lift planning
- Apply signaling and proper means of communication with operator
- Demonstrate proper crane and hoist inspections
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.