What You Need:
- Webcam and microphone for face and voice recognition
Electrocution Prevention Online Class
The 1 Hour Electrocution Prevention Online Training class falls under “Site Safety Training (SST) General Electives” and will be accepted for use towards acquiring certain SST cards. This online class is in compliance with the New York City Department of Buildings regulations for proctored online training.
Electrocution is injury or death by electric shock caused by exposure to lethal amounts of electricity. Electrocutions caused 9% of 1,243 worker deaths, but accounted for less than 1% of reported recordable nonfatal injuries in 2005. The electrocution prevention online course will teach you to recognize dangerous situations and what to do in order to avoid or minimize hazardous situations in order to work more safely
For a list of all SST courses please visit the DOB’s website here.
CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
- 100% attendance for electrocution prevention OSHA online
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Explain how to minimize electrocution hazards
- Explain Components of a electrocution prevention
- Understand electrocution hazards
- Understand basics of electricity
- Identify potential human error traps
- Understand how to prevent electrocution in the workplace
very informative class - especially the "not taking anything for granted"
Forest Hills, NY
great information. learned a lot
system was buggy and kept resetting to home screen during course. needed to contact support to proceed.
North salem, NY