16 HOUR RIGGING WORKER
The 16 Hour Rigging Course prepares workers to perform rigging, and signaling construction work, while hoisting and lowering materials along the outside of a building. The Rigging Class shows participants the proper way to operate rigging equipment, and how to protect themselves and others around them. Workers will also receive a review of OSHA policies, ASME, and DOB regulations with an emphasis on the recognition and prevention of potential hazards.
Other topics will include instructions on how to visually inspect rigging equipment, basic crane components, crane setup and methods of applying proper rigging hitches.
16 HOUR RIGGING WORKER - TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
As per 3318.104.22.168 of the 2014 NYC Construction codes, this course is required by the NYC Department of Buildings for individuals, not hired directly by a licensed rigger who attach or detach articles from the hook of hoisting equipment and signal persons commuicating with such in New York City.
- 100% attendance for the 16 Hour Rigging Worker
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance with OSHA, ASME, and the manufacturer's requirements
- Identify Potential rigging hazards or faulty equipement
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- How to use rigging equipment and hitches in various applications
New York, NY
The entire team at Able Safety from the moment of registration to the moment when they handed my certificate for my training were extremely attentive, knowledgeable and very informative. Charlie made the day session full of fun and shared so much of his industry know-how with the entire class. Jessica gets a 5 start rating for being there every step of the way. Amazing experience. Highly recommend the team.
Performance Mechanical Services Inc.
New York, NY
Excellent certification course, highly recommend company, instructors Charlie & Jessica made the process both interesting & effortless! Will definitely use for future certifications.