8-Hour Site Safety Coordinator Course – Able Safety Consulting
The 8-Hour Site Safety Coordinator Course is a shortened version of the 40-Hour Site Safety Manager course for licensed architects, engineers, and workers with experience in construction supervision or safety professionals. It is a comprehensive review of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertains public protection. This course provides students with safe job practices in New York City. The students will be introduced to the hazards of working in the New York City construction environment and the specific work practices that are necessary on an urban construction site. The 8-Hour Site Safety Coordinator Course is one of the requirements for all applicants must complete to apply for Site Safety Coordinator or renew for a Construction Superintendent License with the New York City Department of Buildings.
The applicant must be a Registered Architect, a Licensed Engineer, or an applicant who has 5 years of construction supervision experience (including 3 years supervising major buildings), to obtain a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate. The students must complete 8-Hour Site Safety Coordinator training and submit the application to the Licensing Unit of NYC DOB. 8-Hour Site Safety Coordinator training is mandated by the NYC 2014 Construction Codes – Title 28 General Administrative Provisions, Chapter 4 Licensing & Registration of Business, Trades & Occupations, Article 403 Site Safety Coordinator Certificate §28-403.2 Qualifications.
At the end of this course, the students shall be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of a Site Safety Manager and Site Safety Coordinators and their responsibilities
2. Understand when a Superintendent is needed and what their responsibilities are.
3. Understand what a Concrete Safety Manager and Fire Safety Manager is and what their responsibilities are.
4. Comprehend the major safety factors related to construction site work and what controls, systems, and PPE to utilize to provide not only the public but employees as well from injuries and/or fatalities.
5. Comprehend and recognize the focus four hazards and demonstrate how to correct with controls and other means of protection.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of New York City related to construction and recall rules related to fire safety on a construction site.
7. Recall the NYC DOB chapter 33 Safeguards during construction and demolition.
8. Show understanding of NYC DO rules and permits and the general administrative rules as related to a construction site.
9. Comprehend permits required and the expiration for each.
10. Recognize when to notify BOD and have knowledge of which plans are to be on site during construction.
11. Understand site job safety and how to maintain safety and recall job site emergency situations and preparedness in an unsafe building, NYC/DOI Building Integrity Training contact information sheet, Safety Protocol for concrete, Standpipe inspection, crane and derricks, supported/suspended scaffold and sheds.